KÖCO Customer Information
Attention! Counterfeit CE-Declaration of Conformities for Shear Studs from Chinese Production
For some time now, shear studs from Chinese production have been offered on the European market at a lower price and with lower quality. Certifications, which are supposed to confirm their conformity with European technical rules & regulations, also appear with the goods.
Please take careful note of the following facts:
- Construction-related products and shear studs have to fulfill the basic demands laid down by the Requirements for Construction-related Products Guidelines 89/106 EEC.
- Shear studs are technically described in DIN EN ISO 13918; furthermore, some German manufacturers have been allocated what is known as European Technical Certifications, or (ETA) for short.
- DIN EN ISO 13918 is no harmonized European Standard. They cannot therefore be called upon to present proof of fulfillment of the basic requirements of the Construction-related Products Guidelines 89/106 EEC.
- Conformity with European Technical Regulations can only and exclusively proven through ETA (for KÖCO this is ETA-03/0039).
- Certificates of Conformity, which base themselves upon DIN EN ISO 13918 or another standard, e.g. DIN EN ISO 898, are simply invalid.
- A Certificate of Conformity without the presence of a 4-digit number of the certification location is invalid. For KÖCO, this location is the SLV Duisburg with the number 0762. This number has to be placed underneath the CE sign.
- KÖCO shear studs acc. to ETA-03/0039 display a higher yield point and higher tensile strength in comparison to shear studs acc. to DIN EN ISO 13918. And furthermore, KÖCO guarantees a notch bar impact value of minimum 27 J at -20°C.
In the name of safety, it is not worth the risk of purchasing shear studs from manufacturers/dealers who issue invalid CE Certificates of Conformity or bring them into circulation.